What Does Your 2-Year Manufacturers Warranty Include?
Driftsun provides a 2-Year Limited Manufacturer’s warranty on all Transparent Kayak purchases to protect against defects in material and workmanship, and a 1-Year warranty on parts included with your kayak (Seats, Paddles, etc.). This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and may not be transferred. Please make sure to register your warranty within 30 days of purchase. Proof of purchase must be presented at the time of the warranty claim. Normal wear and tear is not warranted.
What is Not Covered Under Warranty?
This warranty only covers manufacturing defects that affect the performance of the product. This warranty does not cover any damage that may be a result of:
- Normal wear and tear
- Unauthorized modification or repairs
- Sharp objects or dragging over rough surfaces
- Flipping or rolling the kayak
- Discoloration due to excessive exposure to sunlight
- Heat, extreme weather or environmental conditions
- Accident, neglect, improper use or handling
- Improper storage, maintenance or care
- Use in commercial, rental or teaching environments
- Being towed by power or sail boats
This warranty does not cover cosmetic defects such as surface pitting, color variations or minor weld marks.
How do I Submit a Claim? What Happens Next?
Submit a claim to our Customer Service department HERE. Your claim will be reviewed by our warranty team, who will contact you within 3-5 business days after submission. If we determine a performance altering defect is attributable to materials or workmanship, Driftsun will have your kayak or part repaired or replaced at no cost to you.